Talk: Online Publishing: What We’ve Learned and Where We’re Going
+75 resource links at the end of the deck!
May 9, 2017 | AAM | St. Louis
As indicated in its title, this talk really marked a transition point for my digital publishing work at Getty, summing up the history of where we’d been and mapping our now-clear course into the future. Specifically mapping out our core publishing principles:
- Make the book readable for people & machines
- Put books where people are looking for them
- A book is a place that a reader inhabits
- Make the book’s status clear
- Minimize dependencies on machinery and money
- Assume that despite all your efforts, it will all eventually break
There are also five densely packed slides with links to all sorts of resources at the end of the deck!